Thursday, April 4, 2013

My POV: Jadakiss Freestyle

I came across this video of the one and only Jadakiss freestyling at a show in 2008 and it made me think of some issues in music today. Being a fan of Jada, I feel that he is underrated and never really got enough air-play-- to me he is one of the best lyricists that came into the rap game. That leads to my question as to why non-commercialized rap doesn't get as much shine as most of these "swagg" rappers that are out there. We live in a time that people can obtain and listen to records without a problem due to various social media sites. We don't necessarily have to buy mixtapes or albums we can simply click a download or play button and the music is available to us. Yet, some of the best lyrics and tracks barely get noticed. I'm not saying that no one notices Jadakiss, of course people do, but generally speaking good lyricists overall sometimes don't get enough recognition for what they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment